sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
just me
2005-02-26 22:43:14 UTC
only 3? sent them 5 in 5 days, 6th one today, same questions

is my email going to keep having glitches?
what is up with the newsgroups? very few headers and then most have no
bodies available.
why am i getting no response to my emails?
why does the service page state no errors/faults are in force?
why did the service page briefly mention the newsgroup issue on one
evening (at the same time as email was down) and then disappear as
soon as email situation was sorted.

seems the only way you can get info out of virgin is to bite the
bullet and PAY for a phone call. not really fair when they give you a
so called support email, maybe their email is down too.

this service is shit at the moment, and customer support is even worse

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:46:19 GMT, Pam Moore
A bit pointless maybe, as I have had no response to my 3.
I'm pretty browned off too!
Pam
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:05:33 GMT, "Ceri"
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
And it is becoming a PIA
The service announcement web page says there no problem.
The freephone telephone numbers says there are problems
E-mail is intermittent
This is very fast becoming more of a f***ing joke than I will be prepared to
accept or pay for, for much longer.
Pam in Bristol
just me
2005-02-26 22:45:07 UTC
doesn't ell you what the newsgroups are, but it does give you some
food for thought

http://www.broadbandchecker.co.uk/
Pam in Bristol
John Cletheroe
2005-02-27 07:10:12 UTC
Post by just me
only 3? sent them 5 in 5 days, 6th one today, same questions
is my email going to keep having glitches?
what is up with the newsgroups? very few headers and then most have no
bodies available.
why am i getting no response to my emails?
why does the service page state no errors/faults are in force?
why did the service page briefly mention the newsgroup issue on one
evening (at the same time as email was down) and then disappear as
soon as email situation was sorted.
seems the only way you can get info out of virgin is to bite the
bullet and PAY for a phone call. not really fair when they give you a
so called support email, maybe their email is down too.
this service is shit at the moment, and customer support is even worse
I think there may have been very lengthy delays with some outgoing mail.
A friend told me two messages I sent him last Wednesday only arrived in
his inbox yesterday. He's on NTL (!).

John
t***@hotmail.com
2005-02-27 11:59:21 UTC
Post by John Cletheroe
I think there may have been very lengthy delays with some outgoing mail.
A friend told me two messages I sent him last Wednesday only arrived in
his inbox yesterday. He's on NTL (!).
John,

Starting last Thursday I sent several posts to virgin.test. So far only the
last one has shown up. Presumably the others are floating around the ether
nevr to be seen again.

The old problem of all the VNet groups going AWOL seems to be back with a
vengance as well!

Regards,

Alec
just me
2005-02-28 19:14:16 UTC
sod them, had enough of virgins lack of response and failure to show
newsgroup issues on the service status page

gonna get my newsgroups from

http://www.usenetmonster.com/index.asp

at 3quid a month and am about to go looking for a cheaper ISP to
balance out the cost