A reply from Virgin
horny and kinky
2005-02-24 22:10:32 UTC
how do you know who has sent you an email?
Wonderful, they really do know how to sell their technical competence don't
they.
So far Demon looks like an interesting alternative, the newsgroups look like
there is far more interaction between the company and customers without the
Postman Pat analogies from the confused.
At last a response to one of my 3 emails.
Read and digest the last but one paragraph!
Dear Pam,
Thanks for your email and please accept my apologies for the delay in
replying to it.
We recently experienced a technical problem that affected a
significant number of customers and their ability to make use of our
e-mail service. This lasted a few days and was resolved about a week
ago, although a very few customers were found to have individual
problems that needed specific attention.
During the outage all email processes would have stopped for those
customers that were affected, rather like a Post Office Sorting Office
being put out of action. Emails sent to those customers may not have
been delivered to us, in which case the sender would have received an
'undeliverable' message. Emails already with us would not have been
able to be directed to the appropriate mailbox ( email address ) but
now that everything is up and running the process would restart. We
are working through the backlog and you should receive any outstanding
emails shortly.
It might be worthwhile asking any prospective senders of email during
the outage period ( approximately 17th - 20th July ) to send their
emails again.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience
undoubtedly caused by this equipment failure.
Best wishes,
Fareed
Virgin.net support team
Pam in Bristol
John Cletheroe
2005-02-25 07:24:16 UTC
Post by horny and kinky
[...]
That would appear to be an NTL call centre reply (i.e. no technical
knowledge at all). Once you get past NTL, the Virgin Net support people
are excellent in my experience.

Nobody I'm in regular email contact with has mentioned any problems
sending me emails. I think it buffered them all, unless your inbox
overflowed of course.

John